TOURNAMENT RULES - 2018
Fishing Tournaments are held by the Stephenville Bass Club.Rules are used which are uniform to Bass Tournament fishing.
The following guidelines are used for Monthly Intra-club Tournaments.
All Local, State, and Federal laws are to be obeyed.
Intra-club Tournaments are held on the Weekend after the Regularly Scheduled Club Meeting. This date may be changed in case of conflict. You can fish either one or both days under one entry fee and take your heaviest stringer. The biggest bass caught either day will take Big Bass honors.
The lake to be fished will be chosen one month in advance of the tournament at the regularly scheduled meeting. At least 2 lakes must be nominated at each meeting.
Discussion of the meeting place for the weigh-in is held at the monthly meeting prior to the tournament.
If Conditions are such that it appears a tournament may be postponed or moved, prospective entrants should contact a club officer for a ruling. If the tournament had to be moved it would be moved to the lake that received the second highest number of votes at the meeting.
Starting time for each tournament to be voted on at the club meeting prior to tournament. Weigh-in time will be set at 3:00pm all year long. The pre-set weigh-in time may be changed if there is a conflict, (i.e., lake closing at an earlier time, weighing earlier on Sunday at tournaments that are greater distances from Stephenville, etc.). The pre-set weigh-in time may be changed by a vote of the club at the regular meeting that the lake was voted on. Entrants may be anywhere on the lake but may not start fishing until the designated starting time.
Fish may be taken on artificial lures only, no seined, gill netted, or trot-lined fish are allowed. No trolling with the gasoline motor is allowed.
All persons in the boat must be registered to fish in any of the three (3) categories:
A. Lady Angler Division - $5.00
B. Youth Angler Division (15 years and younger) - $5.00
C. Guest Division - $5.00 for Big Bass / $5.00 for team
Any complaints should be in written form and presented to a club officer no later than 15 minutes after weigh-in is completed.
Any person noted not wearing a life preserver while on plane during tournament hours, will be disqualified for that tournament.
Entry fee is Thirty dollars ($30.00), distributed in the following manner:
1. Twenty-three dollars ($23.00) for cash prizes
2. Two dollars ($2.00) to the largest fish
3. Five dollars ($5.00) to General Fund
Five (5) fish may be weighed in to determine placing. Cash prizes will be awarded as follows:
1. Four (4) entrants weighing in fish - 40%, 30%, 20%, 10%
2. Three (3) entrants weighing in fish - 50%, 30%, 20%
3. Two (2) entrants weighing in fish -60%, 40%
4. One (1) entrant weighing in fish - 100%
5. If no fish are weighed in the entry fee goes to the club.
All fish must be weighed in at weigh-in time. The official time is kept by the Tournament Chairman, or in their absence, by the ranking club officer present.
Rule #1 must be complied with. Anyone measuring a fish less than 14 inches or the lake's minimum length limit for each species of Black Bass will be disqualified.
No iced or frozen fish will be weighed in. Dead fish may be weighed but are subject to disqualification by a committee of all club officers present. No dead fish shall be released back into the lake.
The Tournament Chairmen will weigh and may measure all fish. In the case of doubt, eligibility is determined by the Tournament Chairmen, or in their absence, by the ranking club officer present. If no club officers are present, the Tournament Chairmen are required to designate a member to act in their absence.
Anyone breaking a tournament rule may be disqualified from the tournament, and a decision will be made within thirty (30) days by the club officers as to what further action will be taken.
A running tally of members is kept in terms of pounds and hundredths of pounds of fish caught in Intra-club Tournaments. A Top Twelve Team for fishing Regional Tournaments is determined in terms of present standings from January 1 of each year. Members eligible to fish a Regional Tournament must notify a club officer as to their intent of fishing the tournament at or before the meeting prior to the tournament. The option to go to the tournament will be left in the top twelve, if possible. Any top twelve anglers unable to fish in the tournament will be replaced by moving the next available member in the standings in to the top twelve.
Fish caught in the Intra-club Tournaments are eligible only for standings for trophies in the Top Six standings.
Entrants are responsible for their own catches before, during and after weigh-in. A live release is encouraged on all healthy fish.
If you are on the lake on tournament day, without prior notice, you are considered to be in the tournament.
Rule changes will only be made one time a year at our regular December meeting.
In order to receive their bonus point, each entrant must check in at the weigh-in or notify another member that they are leaving the lake early.
A one (1) pound bonus point will be given to each entrant for each tournament fished if Rule #23 is complied with.
A member may bring the same guest no more than twice per year. The guest must fish with a club member. Anyone over 17 years or older must enter as full entry.
Lake will be off limits to fishing Monday through Friday before tournament date.
Tournament Rules - 2018
1. You must register under one of the categories in Rule #8 of the Stephenville
Bass Club 2018 Intra-club Tournament Rules.
2. You must be registered for the Jackpot Tournament by notifying one of the Tournament Chairmen or club members before starting time of the tournament day.
3. You and your partner must fish from the same boat on the day the fish are caught (no pooling of fish).
4. You may change partners for the second day as long as you register as a new team.
II. Entry Fee
1. Entry fee is $5.00 per person.
2. You may fish one or both days under one entry fee.
3. Each angler's Stephenville Bass Club tournament weight will be added to his partner's for their total weight for that day.
4. At the end of the second day the team with the Heaviest Stringer will win 100% of the pot.
5. In the case of a tie the pot will be split 50% / 50%.
1. All other Stephenville Bass Club Intra-club Tournament rules apply.
Blind Draw Rules:
1. SBC club members will enter the Blind Draw at the meeting and pay the
$5.00 fee prior to the tournament.
2. Blind Draw teams will be matched through a drawing at the monthly meeting.
3. If a member that signed up at the meeting and fails to fish the tournament his name will be removed from the draw and forfeit his entry fee.
4. In case of an uneven number of entrants, the odd man will draw a name out of the pot for his partner. The drawn member will take claim to the entry fee of the missing member.
1. Each member of the Top Six (6) will be awarded a plaque, the top man being named "Angler of the Year" and receiving special recognition with a larger plaque and a $100.00 gift certificate. Places second (2nd) through sixth (6th) will receive smaller plaques.
1. Membership fee is $50.00 per year; college or university student membership
fees will be $25.00 per year. Membership includes immediate family (member,
spouse and children under 17 years of age).